Author: Trioenix
•12:17

I won't ask for your time,

nor for your humming rhythm

Do me a last favor,

let the memories be mine

Remember me once,

passing by the brook

Let me be a leaflet,

in your notebook


Throw away my gifts,

tear away my cards

Burn all the letters,

forget all the words


Walk out of my life,

take your own way

but you cannot snatch the memories,

in my heart forever they stay


Remember me once,

passing by the brook

Let me be a leaflet,

in your note book


At some point of time,

you will remember me

And feel me close,

however far I may be

Then I'll be a tear,

rolling from your eye

And you will regret,

saying good bye

Remember me once,

passing by the brook

Let me be a leaflet,

in your note book

***


The guy and the girl are having a breakup... though the girl is feeling sad, she has one last request for the guy... that is, to have her one memory for the life time. she is not willing for any more favor from him, she wants remembrance at some point of time in future.
This entry was posted on 12:17 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

9 comments:

On 16 January 2009 at 14:15 , Saibal Barman said...

Yes, now this box is working, madam. So my comments should be here...surely.

Loved the way it moved...a simple emotional expression, more rooted to normal human experience and dependence on relational existence of life.
Memories are pages of life with refreshing smell of bygone moments; turning back, one by one, takes us to retracing course of life--reliving joy, pain, vacuity, contentment, trust and betrayal. Moments are stale until they are blessed by memories.
I enjoyed its honest expression saturated with humility in soul alike that passionate yearning of a falling leaf in Autumn !
Regards,

 
On 18 January 2009 at 19:48 , Rohit Kshirsagar said...

hmm....
ur innermost fears kya ? LOL
nice poem. this one sounds more refined.
loved it!

 
On 26 January 2009 at 23:10 , Sudam said...

Break up may happen,
any now and then.
But the Memory,
Yes the memory.
Not subject to fire
not subject to ire.
Flood cannot sweep,
sweep, nor can wind.
Tsunami,Not subject to
I love good ones too.

Can never be snatched,
or kidnapped,
or held to ransom,
or subject to hijack.


Bad ones gives tear
And generates fear.
But the beautiful and delicious ones,
hark us near and near.

Really your poem is touching. Dont know whether i touched your theme that correctly still i have tried my best to sum up.

Thanks keep it up.

 
On 30 January 2009 at 12:24 , Anonymous said...

Hi,

This is a beautiful one. brough tears in my eyes. Congratulations for writing such a touching page.

:)

 
On 6 April 2009 at 10:56 , Double Colt said...

Good one...

 
On 28 May 2009 at 14:52 , Shumi said...

Thumbs up :)

 
On 9 July 2009 at 12:25 , Trioenix said...

Saibal sir
thanku sir :)


Rohit
no buddy, I don't fear any thing, 'casue something that is going to happen, no matter how hard I try not to let it happen! I know, there is Someone more powerful than me, Who controls my life and will never do anything wrong with me. :)

thanks


Sudam
thanku sir

 
On 9 July 2009 at 12:27 , Trioenix said...

Anon
thanku. am gald to know that it touched u. :)

Double Clot and Shumi
thanku :)

 
On 1 July 2011 at 19:44 , Anonymous said...

logically